Dear Tennis Families,
The Indianapolis Community Tennis Program continues to make the safety and well-being of our players and staff our highest priority. We have been closely following the COVID-19 situation and the associated current federal and state guidelines, including the closure of all Indiana school campuses through June 30, 2020.
As a result, our Board of Directors has made the decision to not find alternative sites for our on-court program. The plan is to reopen our on-court program no earlier than when our facilities at Washington Township Schools reopen, which is currently set for no earlier than July 1, 2020. This decision was not made lightly. For the first time in over 55 years, our courts will not be filled with players of all ages in the month of June. Instead, we will be offering new interactive digital programming for our players to utilize, including weekly lesson and fitness plans and other digital event opportunities. (We have some exciting things planned – look for announcements soon!)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines as well as USTA best practices for the reopening of our facility and program in the month of July will continue to be monitored closely, with any necessary modifications made for player and staff safety.
Below you will find some frequently asked questions related to this delay in start. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions you may have (317-259-5377 or [email protected]). We look forward to seeing you all again July first!
Thank you and be well,
Your Indianapolis Community Tennis Program Family
Frequently Asked Questions: COVID-19
What if I’ve already registered for a June class?
If you have already registered for a June class you have the following three options:
- You may move your registration to a July session.
- You may request a full refund for all fees paid.
- You may choose to generously donate fees, or a portion of the fees, to the Indianapolis Community Tennis Program. We, like many other non-profit organizations, are starting to experience hardships due to the ongoing situation and closure. As always with our organization, every dollar received allows us to not only simply continue operations and cover our fixed expenses, but to also continue offering the best and most reasonable program possible. All donations will receive a tax donation receipt.
Will programming and summer-long classes be changing?
As stated, we will continue to follow and monitor the current guidelines and restrictions and will implement them with all of our groups accordingly. It is our hope that our players still experience all that makes our program special. With that said, please note that programming is subject to change pending these guidelines.
All summer-long programming (HP and Junior Summer Wonders), including pricing, is currently being evaluated.
What steps will be taken to keep players safe?
We are evaluating and considering the implementation of the following procedures, according to most current social distancing guidelines and USTA best practices including, but not limited to:
- Limiting number of players/court
- Deep cleaning and sanitation of facilities and equipment
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility
- Limited and/or restricted use of the indoor facilities
- Limit ball usage to each group; Avoid players touching balls; Utilize ball tubes, hoppers for pick up.
- All policies will continually be reviewed with the most up-to-date information and guidelines, and will be modified accordingly.